Check out my take on the classic “Chicken and Noodle Soup” I think this version is seriously stylish.
For a printer friendly version of the recipe, click Spicy Chicken & White Bean Soup Recipe.
Here’s the Recipe:
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound Spicy Chicken Sausage (casings removed)
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup diced celery (small dice)
¾ cup diced carrot (small dice)
1 large yellow onion, diced small, about 2 cups
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 quarts Chicken Stock
3 (15oz) cans of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
4 tablespoons parsley, minced
Salt To Taste
1. With a saucepot on high heat, add 2 TBs of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add the chicken sausage and sauté until completely cooked through. Remove from saucepot.
3. Add the next 1 TB of extra virgin olive oil with the heat on medium high heat.
4. Add the celery, carrot, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the vegetables are translucent and tender.
5. Return the cooked chicken sausage.
6. With the heat still on medium high, add 2 quarts of chicken stock and bring soup to a boil.
7. Reduce to a simmer and add the drained and rinsed cannellini beans.
8. After beans are brought up to temperature, add the 2 TBs of parmesan cheese, 2 TBs of pecorino romano and ½ tsp black pepper.
9. Just before serving add the 4 TBs of parsley.
10. Season to taste with sea salt.